This program helps homeless individuals and those at risk of becoming homeless, stay out of jail. Funding is provided by the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office.
The program assists in many ways:
- by working to withdraw warrants for failure to appear for local ordinance violations and default or contempt of court hearings,
- by consolidating court fines and costs,
- by converting those fines to community service, and
- by providing needed services to the homeless, such as transportation and referrals to community programs.
The Public Defender's Homeless Outreach Program provides vital services to the homeless or potentially homeless individuals in Pinellas County.
The program's outreach services regularly visit ASAP Homeless Services Inc. 2, Beacon House, Clearwater Homeless Intervention Program (CHIP), Salvation Army (on Fourth Street S.), Pinellas Hope Village (tent city), Shepherd Center, Suncoast Haven of Rest Rescue Mission (SHOR), St. Vincent de Paul Soup Kitchen at Sophie Sampson Center of Hope, Turning Point and William's Park.
- Homeless Outreach Calendar
- Mobile Medical Unit
- Pinellas County Family Homelessness Prevention Program (FHP)