Mobile Medical UnitThe Pasco Public Defender Mobile Medical Unit is a medical office on wheels. The full-time staff includes a director, nurse practitioner, and driver. The Unit often has community volunteers, doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals to assist. Pasco County residents can receive basic health care on the Mobile Unit at no charge. Emergency services are not provided on the Unit. Our goal is to break down barriers between people and access to healthcare, treating all patients with dignity and respect.
How do I contact the Mobile Medical Unit?
- If you have questions, please call (727) 324-7823 or email us.
Appointments are not necessary. Walk-in's are welcome.
What does the mobile medical unit offer?
The Unit travels to more than a dozen locations throughout Pasco County serving the homeless and residents who have no insurance.
- Employment physicals, with some exceptions
- School and Sports physicals
- Laboratory services, limited
- Pregnancy testing
- Hepatitis B vaccines
HIV/HEP C testing (see Pasco County Calendars below)
- Some prescription assistance. No drugs are kept on board the unit.
- Treatment for brief illness (ex. strep throat and flu)
- Treatment for long-term illnesses (ex. high blood pressure and diabetes)
Limited referrals are offered and can include:
- Dental services
- Mental Health and Substance abuse
- Primary and Specialty care
How do I find out where the unit will be?
The mobile medical unit operates during the day, between 4-5 days a week. We take healthcare directly to the community by visiting locations such as soup kitchens, food pantries, community agencies and homeless outreach programs.
Pasco Public Defender Mobile Hot Showers:
The Public Defender’s office provides mobile hot showers to Pasco County’s homeless. Our shower trailers have 2 air conditioned stalls offering total privacy, changing area and sink. One mobile hot shower is at a fixed location at the Coalition for the Homeless of Pasco County located at 5652 Pine Street, New Port Richey. Our other shower unit travels to various sites throughout Pasco County. Please call for times and locations at (727) 324-7823.
- Gala Ribbon-Cutting
- Verizon donates $15,000 to the Pasco County Mobile Medical Care Unit
- Pasco's Shining Stars...Sponsors